03 September 2010

Strange things that make me sad

I quite like eggs. Usually when I have eggs I'm happy. But when I'm having a hardboiled egg over breakfast and some of the yolk drops into my milk and disperses so that it looks like my milk has some flaky yellow skin disease, it makes me sad.

When I was younger, I used to lie on the couch in the living room when I had nothing else to do, kind of like in the picture below:


I would imagine what it would be like to live in a world that worked upside down, and how the lamps would be like giant flowers, and how you'd have to step over the piece of wall between the ceiling and the door frame every time you entered a new room, and thought about how I'd trip over it pretty often because sometimes this portion of wall would be quite big because the doors in our house at that time were quite short, and how it would be weird going 'upstairs' because it would be like going 'downstairs' and there would be no stairs, just a slanted ramp. And then I thought about what it would be like to go outside, and realised that you'd just fall into the sky. Then I got sad.

As I got older, I started keeping diaries and only using my sparkly gel pens in them because they were special and deserved to be used in special ways. I'd alternate red - orange - yellow - green - blue - purple - pink gel pens each day because then it created a pretty rainbow effect over the week. This turned out not to work too well, because the yellow didn't show up well, so my entries on Wednesdays would always be shorter because I couldn't read what I was writing, and my entries on Fridays would be the longest because I really liked that shade of blue, and then my blue ran out before the other colours and I couldn't write in my diary every day anymore because of that, and it made me sad.

I actually never finished filling out any of the notebooks I used for my diaries either. And I lost one of the ones with the most memories because I had to hide it because it contained a lot of private feelings, but then I forgot where I hid it. That makes me kind of sad too now I guess.

When it rains I get sad.

When I got to the age that I realised the world was not a nice place and that the TV was kind of like the mirror in that R L Stein novel where the images in the mirror are actually reality, I got sad because of all the bad things that were happening behind the panel of glass. I guess that's not really a strange thing to get sad over now that I think about it though.

I got sad when I released the purple helium balloon into the sky from Lucy's leaving party last year and I watched it for about 10 minutes as it became a dot in the sky, and then I blinked and then I couldn't find it in the sky anymore.

I also got sad when I was driving into school the other day and saw 2 helium balloons stuck in a tree because they'd never become dots in the sky like my one.

Once I was so happy that I cried, and then couldn't work out if I was actually happy or sad, and then I got sad and cried some more.

There are a lot of things that make me sad. Some of them are pretty common things to get sad over and some of them are quite insignificant. Some people might think that I'm strange, but I really was sad this morning when that hardboiled egg dropped into my milk.

4 comments:

one_entity said...

"Have you ever noticed that it rains when you're sad?"
"A lot of people get sad when it rains."
"It rains *because* you're sad."
- Men in Black 2

I always felt bad whenever I started a new diary notebook - but then I always thought, I need to symbolise a new beginning, I'll finish this one. never worked...

hope your happy counters your sad <3

Saila said...

awww you're so cute =3

yj said...

I can see that how stuff like that would make you sad, although I hope its not the kind of sad thats like "FML LIFE IS A GIANT HOLE I HATE LIFE" lol

<3

lucee. said...

Awwwww this is such a cute post.

LIKE.

<3