21 September 2010

DAY 02/DAY 03 + a(ic)sian talent show

Look, it's so bad I can't even get the first 2 days consecutive. So today I'll do a double for you guys, since they're both short. Yeah I don't care that it's meant to be a little at a time, it's my blog and I do what I want :l

02: the meaning behind your blogspot name:
username or blog name..? lol might as well do both. My username ZMALLET came from a few years ago when I needed to make a new email address because my old one had too many randoms on msn that I never talk to (ironically I think now I have more), and I wanted a unique username that I could use anywhere online that was unlikely to be taken. At that time I happened to be thinking of mallets so I used mallet, and the 'z' is the french accented definite participle ie. The mallet = ze mallet = zmallet. And I've used it ever since. Although the reason this one is under xzmallet and not zmallet is because when I started this blog I realised that I had already created zmallet.blogspot.com like agesss ago, and I'd forgotten the pw. Since then I've converged my old zmallet.blogspot.com to this account, and if you actually visit it you will get redirected back here haha.

As for the blog name, tori no tsubasa means bird's wing in japanese. Cuz I used to be a japanophile of sorts I suppose (anime and manga days...) and it just kinda stuck... since I cbf retyping, just quote this from one of my previous posts:


Personally, I've always imagined myself to be a bit like the caged bird ... There are a lot of us who haven't realised our full potential but know that it's out there somewhere, but can't see a way through the chaos of reality to reach it. Our wings may not be clipped and our feet not tied but the cage door is shut. I guess some way or another we're all seeking a way to open the cage door and fly away like a free bird. Actually this is the thought that made me name my blog after birds. When I started, this blog was meant to be a timeline of my growth and maturity as I gathered enough strength to fly out of my own cage. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but life's certainly been an adventure since I started this blog 2 years ago :] Hopefully one day I too can claim the sky as my own.




03: a picture of you and your friends (+ a pet monkey):
& especially for yj =P

Anyways, onto general update. Last night I went to see AIC's talent show which ran for 3 hours and I got home at like 11, which is why I didn't have time to update yesterday (yeah winnie, excuses), and it was really entertaining! But yeah, it was soooo asian, like I swear some people actually looked identical, and I kept thinking I saw people I know when actually it's just people who look like them... and all the dance groups were korean. The winner of the dance battle was this group if you want to watch. Crossdressing guys dancing... ofc no competition =P

Congrats to Song for winning the music section... totally engrossed in his piano playing, so pro that I couldn't even look away @_@

In the bands section we were just dancing and jumping around, it was actually really tiring XD but really fun!! Haha I haven't exercised in so long that my calves kinda hurt this morning -noob-... Thanks guys for inviting me to come (:

Well anyway I guess that's all I really have to say. Haha happy midautumn festival. Til Day 04 then. Not gonna say tomorrow, cuz it's not guaranteed XD

3 comments:

yj said...

D: IM NOT IN THE PHOTO

winnie said...

^ editted

sharonyang said...

:D glad you had fun!
i know i was so tired after dancing randomly on the balcony

T_____________T