31 August 2010

SPRING 2010 HAS ARRIVED :)


So the snow has thawed, the sun is returning to kiss our land, the delicate buds of springtime are beginning to unfold, new lambs learn to run around the fields in the park... Gone are the frozen arthritic arms of bare deciduous trees, gone are the clouds of warmth escaping our mouths as we breathe, gone are frosted windows that obscure our view of the still turned on streetlamps in the mornings...

K not really, it's still pretty cold, but the hope that comes with springtime is really nice :) and it's only a matter of time til summer comes! (...and I'm off to another winter in Europe...)

These last few winter months have been a learning experience for me I guess. I think I've grown up a lot, and learnt to accept myself more, faults and all. I guess in a way it's made me less 'perfect'? I've always striven a bit for perfection, but honestly these last few months I've accepted that the world is a pretty imperfect place, sometimes rather chaotic, and it's just too hard to be perfect, or even close to perfect, in a world like that... I guess you could say it's kind of like I'm giving up? Haha but in a way I feel like I've moved forwards instead of backwards.

I went back to read my 1st of september post from last year, and found it funny how I mentioned kahunui in that post, and how I was there at this time 2 years ago... well today kahunui came into my life once again for the first time in a while, and aaaaaa we're going back for leadership camp? :D exciting~~~~ haha I find that so poignant, how it just happens to be this day that it comes back into my life in the most random way. Interesting how these things work out :)

Wow last year there was good weather on the first day of spring too. That's so nice haha, today was beautiful~ went out to sit outside for lunchtime for the first time in ages. It's good to absorb some vitamin D again haha.

I guess I regard the first day of spring as a time for beginnings, kind of on par with new years... which is weird, because new years is only 4 months after the first day of spring. They're not even separated out properly. But idk, that's just the way I look at it haha. In any case, these last 4 months of the year are super important to me and I really need to be on top, so I guess now is the time to start? Refresh, refresh...

In any case, I hope you all had a great day today and enjoyed the weather :) more similar days to come! bring on summer~~

3 comments:

yj said...

OH MY GOD UR BANNER GOES DARKER WHEN U HOVER MOUSE OVER IT
EPIICCCCC

winnie said...

^lol actually all the images on my blog do but kk

Captain Barnaby said...

Eeeeh woonie photo = so pretty.