09 February 2012

General Update

GENERAL UPDATEEE -salute- (HIMYM reference for you noobs who don't know)

So I think it's about time for an update seeing as I apparently haven't updated anything in ages which is, mind you, not an indication of how busy I've been so much as how I have been so bored and lying around at home so much that I have nothing important to note.

However, I suppose there are inevitably some things that happen with time passing, which I will now update you on:

1) Starting anew:

Well I figured what with 2012 being the year I start for uni and stuff, coupled with the fact that it's a new year (okay well it's February already but I tend to lag a bit due to procrastination), meant that I should perhaps clean my room (which is now merely only half the mess it started out as). I took all my posters off my wall except the one I can't reach and my huge ones that I have nowhere to put, and now have a huge blank space on my wall where I can play movies because I found out that we own a projector :)

Also, I finally upgraded to Windows 7 with a wiped harddrive and only the essentials, which has been mildly frustrating but generally great so far, plus I still haven't changed the background from the default windows one that comes when you install windows 7 so I look like a tech illiterate. But I feel like if I change it, it won't feel new anymore ): So I'm going to keep it like this for the time being.

I cleaned out my wardrobe (which took a full two days on its own), and from this experience I have found out that I am extremely lazy, too lazy in fact to bother with throwing out old clothing, and so to combat this I have decided that I will simply not buy any more new clothing unless I actually need it. I feel like 2011 was an extremely consumerist year for me in which I made a lot of useless purchases which I will never use again and so I will try to keep both my laziness and my wallet happier by not spending so much on materialistic goods (film tickets, by the way, are not materialistic goods. I am willing to pay ten dollars to fill my brain with intellectual ideas. Unless the film is bad, in which case I am still filling my brain with wonder concerning how amazingly horrible it was). I think going to Asia over the summer really helped with this decision as well, HK to me now feels like it is driven by consumerist culture which is something I really came to dislike about the city even though I was only actually there for 3 days.

2) Finding a job

So after looking for a job for the majority of my holidays I finally got 2 interviews and have two trial shifts tomorrow :) The first is as an English writing teacher for chinese kids at Saturday school in Newmarket. I'd be teaching to a class of Y5&Y6 and to another one of Y7&Y8. It's pretty scary LOL, I have to like plan all my classes and resources myself @_@ I'll see what it's like tomorrow... It was funny cos Kun came to me at like 11.45pm one night saying his mum was in desperate need of English teachers and that he recommended me to his mum. The next day I threw together a CV, sent it and went for my interview in the afternoon HAHAHA... Efficiency level: Asian.

The other is the hookup at Bakers Delight my thoughtful status garnered for me with the help of Jessy :) I'm just worried about the number of shifts I have to do per week once uni starts, since I don't want to have ZERO free time lollll... I'll ask tomorrow. Getting a job is such a scary process. And the job itself... hmmmm I'm looking forward to learning new things :)

3) TEAMANDREW YOUTUBE MEET WHATTTT


Everyone was trying to photobomb this photo cos Timmy did the same to everyone elses hahahahaaha.


Jumpingggg... we tried to do another one with everyone who was at the meetup but in the mess both Andrews were lost... hahahaha :D

For those who don't know, gunnarolla and songstowearpantsto were in New Zealand. Together they are known as Team Andrew because both of their names are Andrew. @Steph, songstowearpantsto is the one who did Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows :) I highly recommend you guys check out their channels, they both make music and videos and are both asian and both live in Toronto and both are called Andrew, so yeah they are pretty much the same person.

But it was a heap of fun, pretty cool to meet them, got a signed poster, preordered a Pants CD and got a free button and postcard from gunnarolla :) pretty legitttt.

Now to convince Wongfu to fly over...

1 comment:

steph said...

Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on raaainbows :D

I don't recall if there was a particular reason why you showed me that video, but I thank you anyway hahah