06 November 2010

guy fawkes + nothing much



Well guy fawkes was pretty fun. Although it was dark as hell on Mt St. John and for like half an hour I thought yunbin was there since there were so many ppl and then later I was like o.o where did yunbin go jamie was like.... he was never here.... hahahaah im noob. Didn't get home til like 11.45... but I got some nice shots (: along with about 200 shots of nothing

I really like watching fireworks. It's so pretty @_@ And for some reason I'm not really scared to stand close to it... it's probably bad. But something that pretty can't be bad :P haha that's a terribly judgemental thing to say, since from childhood we're always taught that pretty things are good and ugly things are evil (snow white, etc etc), but in real life ppl often think that pretty girls are dumb/bitches and smart girls are all ugly. There's a kind of incongruity there actually. I don't really know where it came from, I guess people think you can't have everything in the world? But some people actually do :P lucky them.

But I digress, I'll rant about that another time. Seeing the city lights over a mountain while fireworks are coming out of random backyards is really a breathtaking experience. As someone who hasn't really done fireworks before (k like a few sparklers but nothing big), I was really captivated. I think watching fireworks is more enjoyable than letting them go yourself (: It's so pretty~ A lot of people find them annoying at night because they can't sleep but I like to stay up and just peer out the window for ages, watching sparkflowers blossom in the black abyss that is the night sky. It's something that gives you hope, almost.

All architecture is great architecture after sunset; perhaps architecture is really a nocturnal art, like the art of fireworks.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton

1 comment:

yj said...

HAHAHAH SHOT WINNIE.. "where did yb go"
"he was never here"

omg I can SOOOOO imagine you guys saying that, with your voices and expressions and everything