12 May 2012

pot luck # 5

Not sure why I haven't blogged in so long, but it's probably healthy for me to now. Haven't said anything for over a month, and the new blogger layout is so different (even the post screen is different!! How do I use this...?), and I had very little to say and yet at the same time so much to say that I didn't bother saying anything at all.

I guess I will have to make this a pot luck entry because I haven't updated in so long.
... I just had to go back to see what number pot luck I am up to haha!


1. There is this window in my bathroom. It is small, and in the morning if you get up around the same time as the sun rises, you can see the light spilling into the room through that tiny window. Even if you have the lights on, the light from the window seems to chase all artificial light away. You can see a bit of the sky, and on different days it shows different emotions. On rainy or overcast days all you see is a sheet of white. Other mornings it is bright sky blue without any clouds. But I like it best when it is like above -- orange and pink hues mixing with the blue, the purple hazed horizon and the sunrise warming the whole image. It is like, I am in my own life and in my own house but something so small as a window can lead me into what life is really about -- all this beauty, all these experiences that are so close to me and all around which I may sometimes forget about. I like how that window reminds me of that. La vie est vraiment belle si on l'apprecie.

2. THIS is awesome:



I am listening to this on repeat while writing this post.

3. UNI IS SO BIPOLAR!!! Some days I feel somewhat overwhelmed with all the projects/tests/assignments due but then after a certain 'block' of these everything is so calm and I'm like omg i'm so bored and calm and stuff, nothing to do, but like 2 DAYS LATER MAX it picks up again. @___@ somewhat unhealthy lifestyle. I can't be like those people who can't sleep ): I'm getting forehead pimples and stuff like that just from the weird stress.

4. I feel like blogging provides some kind of weird catharsis of emotions that I haven't had much of and thus have been feeling somewhat bottled up lately. I think it's good to talk to an indiscriminate audience, to 'no one' as yunbin has correctly pointed out that I have spelled wrong in the description to the right (but idc actually, I fail with irony, making the point that I can do stuff how I like and there's nothing you can do about it, so I'm going to leave the grammatical/spelling error as is -hipster glasses flash-). But yeah, I feel like I'm weirdly overemotional lately and it's not cool. It's not the healthy kind of emotional its the obsessive wtf kind.  The kind I haven't experienced for years, so it's distantly familiar and a sick part of it is so attractive that I like being overemotional and dumb but I'd rather stop lollll. It will pass.

5. I am leaving in 3 months and feel like I have a lot of loose ends to tie up with objects and people. But 3 months still feels like a long time and I keep wanting to start new stuff but I remember that I'll have to leave more stuff behind and it's irritating and a pity and I hate it. Why can't things just be teleportable or something? It's weird that I'm finishing this semester and people are starting to talk about next semester and I'm not gonna be here for most of it. I've met a lot of people I'd like to get to know better and am majorly frustrated that I won't be able to.

I definitely have other stuff to say. I don't feel properly cleansed yet, but I can't think of anything specific right now...... so I will leave it at that. :D Promise to blog more often. Curse you uni and my own laziness!

No comments: