06 October 2010

d18

DAY 18: Plans/goals/dreams you have

Haha, funny this should come a few days after I blogged about passion. Idk, a lot of people think I'm pretty ambitious, but actually I don't really know what I want. I guess I just want to have a happy life and stay lucky. I don't have much motivation to do other things. I guess I want to go to university and get at least a PhD, mainly because I don't want to go out into the chaotic world and get a job. I kind of have this ambition to go to some pro uni to do it, but if I think about it I wouldn't mind living a quiet life either, and then I think maybe I would prefer it.

I also have a long term and somewhat stupid dream that I can live forever, but since that seems unlikely due to, you know, physics, I'll haunt the world after I die. I actually do believe in ghosts lol, cuz I don't want to face the thought that after death we become nothing. It's nice to think that there are spirits around and there's something that happens after life.

Yeah I'm pretty... unmotivated? I don't know, I think that if you focus too much on the future you miss out on what's there in the present as well. That's why I don't really like to plan ahead and prefer a bit of spontaneity. Carpe Diem :) Do a little at a time, and see where life takes me. Since I have no passion for anything, I guess I'll be surprised where ever I end up.

Forever is composed of nows. ~Emily Dickinson


Oh wait, a goal I would like to have is that one day I will be uber rich. Yeah that would be nice. -wishful thinking-

1 comment:

yj said...

I also have a long term and somewhat stupid dream that I can live forever, but since that seems unlikely due to, you know, physics

I lol'd

but in more serious news, I'm kind of the same as you haha, I dont really think about the future that much, its too scary ):
except I think that I would prefer a quiet life more than you, haha