30 November 2013

UH. LAST DAY OF THE MONTH.

Rush update for those who for some reason still think my boring daily goings-on are relevant to their lives
 
Things that have been happening in my life since October:

1) CS61 problem set coinciding with illness = homework incomplete and more than 1 week late. It does not help that the faucet brand KOHLER yells at me every time I wash my hands this thanksgiving, reminding me of work that needs to be done once I get back on campus. (Background: The professor for this class is called Prof Kohler. He is an ass. professor. See his twitter it's hilarious no regrets)
 

2) Outtakes from my 3D animation class!


Is a platypus controlling guitars inside a guitar. I know, VES is kind of weird. (actually is just me)

 Actually I've been frying my CPU rendering frames for this entire week, I still have 1 scene left but I think I might have to do some more because there are some timing issues that I'm not sure how to deal with (maybe post process them away?). The image above was rendered in 1080p but I decided not to do this since I have something like ~1500 frames and 1080p = 2.2mb frames each so that = death for my computer / not being able to finish rendering in time, so I'm doing them at 720p instead (still huge, but not as time consuming and hopefully I'll be able to have something to hand in on time)

3) Food! Yay thanksgiving :) 
Dat 20lb turkey. 

I came to New York to stay with Alex for Thanksgiving this year, not so much for the same reasons as last year (because I wanted to explore the city) as just really wanting to get off campus because I've been stuck there since the beginning of semester and a break was just needed. I didn't really explore much this time which was fine, it was supposed to be a relaxing break from the hecticness of college which I think it has been, even though this break is pretty short. Anyway I got to hang out with his family and high school friends, which was pretty fun. I miss my friends back home too now :(

4) Black friday shopping! Things I bought include sweaters, sweaters, sweaters, cardigan, sweaters, a new scarf and winter hat (since I left my white scarf in CS61 a couple of weeks ago because I was too dazed/destroyed after the midterm to remember to take it with me, I felt justified in getting another white scarf), another red dress (I like red dresses), and one of those super ultra light down jackets from uniqlo because I'm a wagon-jumper. Also ordered and waiting for Nintendo 3DS to arrive so I can play the new phoenix wright game and then give it away to my brother over Christmas haha. And sweaters.


5) The big Harvard-Yale game was this last weekend, we went down together and I had a lot of fun :) I went to the ViSA/Phillipine forum mixer and met a Tony Sun clone, their campus is sooo pretttyyyy and their parties a lot more fun (more money being thrown at undergrads #notatharvard). I felt almost bad that we wont 34-7. It was like we came into a better village and robbed and pillaged it after enjoying drinks at the pub the night before. I stayed with a friend of a friend who turned out to be from Christchurch, which was cool. He jokingly snobbed the Hershey's Cadbury chocolate we brought to say thanks for letting us stay lols (I don't blame him. I can't wait to come home and get some legit Cadbury either)

Yale Library, the non-gothic architecture on campus.  Sorry not sorry for being artsy.
Also because I haven't actually unloaded my memory card yet because no chance to because my computer is being used for rendering. Also because I don't think I actually look any good photos that entire weekend anyway sigh. I think my filter is dusty actually, I always get weird blobs when I take pictures of the sky with the kit lens. Ews :/ Cleaning to do when I get home


6) Arthur turned 21! We went and stunk up my clothes with korean bbq and called it a night. Jk but I really like kalbi though and am sad that my scarf still smells like korean bbq oils. But kalbi tastes so gooodddd. Other recent (?) food expeditions include Yamato and Bibim with HVA. Is good. Oh also I finally got to see Jesse's white Maserati in person. It's a very nice shiny car that's not too over-the-top other than the brand logo. I like it tho (y)

7) Looking forward to coming home for the holidays! My poor feets and hands are struggling to keep themselves toasty in this weather. I bought winter socks and still have gloves but I would really just prefer to be in summer right now. Especially since my news feed is popping up pictures of beaches and people out of school right now in NZ and I still have to sit finals qq. SOON! Also my family decided to go to Fiji this summer so I will get fried in the sun even though I just lost my summer tan. Sunscreen levels must rise.

No comments: