29 May 2013

how to pass the summertime

Here I am again, on a bus from Boston to New York. The third time this year. By the time I return to school, I'll have seen it in the 4 seasons. Isn't that kind of sentimentally nice? I suppose so, even if the result of negligence on my part.

So the summer began; with a hard last week of packing everything I own into boxes and helping friends move out, empty rooms were all that were left of our freshman year. It was tinted with a little sadness and shock over how quickly the year went, though I suppose if you calculated, we were only really in school for 7 months.

Other highlights from the last few days include playing Starcraft with Jason and Luke in the enforced quiet area in the basement Lamont Library lololol. Things we do for fun. Also our grades came out. I'm so glad I managed to pull an A- in Expos lol. Though CS51 really shouldn't have released how they calculated the grades because I realized that if I'd gotten 2 more points in the final I could have gotten an A in the entire course =_= why do these things happen. I'm happy with an A- but geez it was just so close.

On the last night, Tony took us up to the observatory above the science center and we watched the stars and looked down on campus for a while. It was a nice peaceful way to end a somewhat hectic year and semester. The next morning was full of frantic last minute moving for friends (ofc I'm organized and had it all sorted by Tuesday the previous week #onlytwofinals). Then we had our goodbyes and hugs and set off on our separate ways.

Alex and I grabbed iced bubble tea from TeaLuxe and then went to Yamato for lunch, where we consumed 76 pieces of sushi, a handroll and a seaweed salad between us over the period of 2 hours. It was a great meal. We is fat.

The first order of many

Over the last week and a half at my cousin's place then, I suppose not that much has transpired though I've tried to keep myself entertained. Although, the second day I was there my mom called and we ended up reorganizing the head end of my summer, and a totally unexpected 2 week trip home is now underway. Unfortunately the weather is horrible and everyone is about to sit exams, but eh these things happen. It gives me a good chance to sit my full licence test, and catch up with some friends if only for a short while.

We went to Costco and I stumbled upon Dan Brown's new book, which I gladly bought and finished the next day. It's kind of crazy how his formula works so well in keeping you hooked. I really enjoyed this one compared to The Lost Symbol. It was also kind of surprising that I didn't even know he had been writing one until I saw it in stores lol, turns out it only came out 5 days prior.

Also I've been playing with my cousin's two month old baby, who is super duper adorbs :)

The last three days were spent walking around and taking photos of things, since I decided to get a better camera (not that my Leica was lacking, it just didn't have a lot of the features I wanted, although its crazy zoom will definitely be missed). I ended up getting this bad boy:

[taken at MIT's architecture school]

And we have had much fun together ever since. Check out our adventures on Flickr :)

Other things I have been up to: trying to get back into digital art (lasted a morning, haven't touched it since. Go figure), doing some coding, doing some web design, playing plastic league sc at 1am with Jason's Canada friends, playing with photo filters.

Oh also this was my lunch yesterday. It was amazeballs and we got complimentary macaroons afterwards. Probably the most expensive meal I've ever consumed, maybe when/if I  ever have money falling out of my ears I'll go again:



It's okay to be jealous, really.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg the photos are so pretty


yj