31 July 2012

nineteen


Well it's that time of the year again. The time to blow out my candles and make my wish, which is normally the same every year and always comes true. Okay actually it was yesterday and I was going to blog but in the end I didn't cos I was replying to everyone's comments. I didn't expect so many people to comment on facebook this year since I took my birthday off but I guess after 1 person starts the chain there's no escape hahaha. It's very interesting how social networking affects virality. I enjoyed replying to everyone and leaving messages for people who I don't see often :)

I can't remember ever feeling super different following a birthday, but every so often I do self reflections and something in my life seems to change even if it isn't something tangible. A year ago, I had gotten into a new relationship and was thinking about it quite immaturely, nothing had really come together and I was just doing things in the moment. Two years ago, I was really surprised by how many gifts I received from friends -- I remember walking to EGGS for extrav practice and people waiting there with their cards and presents. This year was, in comparison, relatively low key compared to the last two haha. I did not receive many gifts but I was still really surprised by what I did get :O (a pandora ring from Yujie, a swarovski necklace and some money from my aunt and uncle)... then I had dinner with my family and cake as per tradition :) It was an enjoyable day despite the horrible weather.

Compared to a year ago, I guess I have to say I have matured a lot. So many things have changed in the last year, even though turning 18 felt like a day ago. It has been both an extremely eventful and quick year to pass. I feel like there's so much I've learned, yet at the same time I'm not sure if I'd apply the newfound wisdom if the opportunity arose. Maybe that's the next step haha. One foot in front of the other taking one step at a time :)

Maybe I'll post a present haul sometime, after my ring comes in either next week or this week. Had to go get it resized and they had to order a special shipment cos they don't stock rings for small hands like mine ):

1 comment:

Billy said...

Bro. You old.
olddddddddddddddddddddd