07 October 2011

lateness



So this morning I woke up at 8.40, had a little mental UGHHHH as I realised that I had to be at school by 9am and slowly crawled out of bed and got ready to go. I didn't rush or anything, and at 9am was in the kitchen having breakfast and having a nice chill chat to my grandma. It made me think wow, I'm totally not stressed that I'm going to be late. This is a stark contrast to how I used to be -- when I was younger, I was always the early one. I'd turn up 15 minutes before the bus was scheduled to come (and so when it was 15 minutes late, I had spent half an hour waiting at the stop). I'd always be the first one to come to the meeting place when going out with friends, and the first one over to someone's house. I'd be the one waiting -- and I do wonder, how much time have I wasted in my life waiting? I could never understand why people showed up half an hour late to gatherings when we'd agreed to meet at a determined time -- I never understood how people could be late to school either.

I remember once in year 9 I went to watch harry potter 5 with tina and lucy (who were in y12 at the time). tina ended up being so late that she missed the movie and had to watch a later session. honestly I had no idea how she managed that. But of course, as I also grow up, I have somehow gotten lazier myself and this morning when I realised I was late and not stressing it made me think of all these things and how I have changed. I don't really know what this is indication of at all though. Adults always seem so rushed in their lives, but still end up being late. Maybe I should just flag the stress and accept that I will sometimes be late (which is happening more and more often nowadays...).

It's weird because in the period where my parents were away I woke up on time everyday and got my brother to school earlier than my parents would and felt fine about it all the time, but the MOMENT they came back, I started going back to my old later getting up habits again. Maybe the lack of responsibility made me lax?

AND, do you find that if you try to do things too early, you end up being later than you would have been if you had just done it at the right time? like when I started doing my SATs (early as usual, sat my reasoning jan 2010), and then still felt on top of it when I sat my math last october, but when I left my 2nd subject test to this october, I was like oh shit why'd I leave it so late... and with studying as well, when I was sitting my MAX test I started studying 2 weeks prior but ended up having to do a mad (unsuccessful) rush the day before because I had forgotten what I'd studied 2 weeks before since it was TOO EARLY... and one time when I was waiting at the bus stop, I thought I'd walk down to the next stop cos I got there early, but then it came while I was halfway between the 2 stops and I ended up having to wait another hour. ): this also happens in the mornings when I wake up too early and think OHHH I'VE GOT AGES, then do everything super slowly and end up actually late.

It's not exactly GOOD to be late, but maybe it's not as bad as I thought when I was younger. It sometimes somehow just happens (although I still assert that it shouldn't; it's not exactly hard to be on time), and we shouldn't really stress too much and just go with the flow. Of course, there are certain things that should make you freak out if you're late hahahahaah, like, if your period is late. That's probably a good reason to freak out :P

But this morning wasn't too bad, I just ended up arriving at 10 past 9. On top of oversleeping, I ended up having to wait for a bird to cross the road since its wing was broken so it couldn't fly away, so I waited patiently for it to cross the road. Made me smile a bit as I saw it reunite with its parent bird on the other side of the road. Mehh yeah, just chillax and life is a bit happier. :)

2 comments:

Ruuuuui said...

I like it how you always have a really big post based on really trivial matters. You think too much haha.

Vicky said...

better late than never, i say.