25 November 2010

pot luck #3

Pot luck number 3 -- for any new readers of my blog POT LUCK is the series of random posts I do from time to time with little things that I think of that aren't big enough to warrant their own posts, + anything else random that may come up at the time.

LOOK HOW KOREAN I CAN BE! :P k I was just bored..


So today I helped this french guy find his way to this house (I think he was looking for roommates or something, not sure). It actually feels so nice when you can help someone out :) Since he was catching the same bus as me and he was looking for a house on Will's street, I figured I might as well help him out since I live like 2 streets away and he looked so clueless lol. Turns out he only just came here yesterday, aiming to spend the next year improving his english and traveling, maybe getting a job. I told him that I was going to Paris next month and he was like :O look out for the time difference... it's 4pm here when it's 4am there... fml I didn't know it was 12 hours... But yeah he was a pretty cool guy. It was only after I got home that I realised I never actually found out his name. Life's weird like that eh, it's so strange to think you meet these people randomly and never see them again.

Also today billy and I went into town, watched Due Date (pretty funny movie, by the same guy who did the hangover, Alan is in it, once again playing the serious but stupid guy. that actor is really good at that role... and Robert Downey Jr. is in it too :) So it's nice on the eyes), and played ULTIMATE jenga... also played 3d connect 4. you really have to think eh :O



you know, the more I think about it, I think I prefer life being simple. But at the same time, I appreciate the messiness in the world, the beautiful chaos. Just... not in my life. :P I find it real bothersome to plan stuff you know, it's like... just do whatever you want at the time that you want @@ and I don't understand how people create so much drama in their lives. I don't know, a lot of it just seems really petty and unnecessary. Many of the reasons I find people dislike each other are, in my opinion, really stupid and unfounded. Forgiving someone for past actions or ignoring them completely if you really can't stand them seems like a better course of action than trying to pretend to be friends with them when you actually can't stand them. Idk, like why would you bother? Simplicity and straightforwardness is the best way for me... I think for me this is one of the reasons I don't really like social etiquette either. I mean I abide by it cuz I don't wanna get beaten up, but the whole idea of it seems really unnecessary to me. Who really cares if you put your elbows on the table at dinner, or eat the last piece of food on a plate? Saying please and thank you, not chewing with your mouth open I understand, but some of the more traditional etiquette I really don't understand the use of.

Also, the other day, I got this email from myself in the past :O This is what it said:
well, some retarded thing just caused my entire email to get deleted ): but yeah, I think I'll just continue my train of thought. how did you find picking your subjects for year 13? how many new friends have you made? hmmmm for some reason I can't stop thinking about david and what he said about going to uni. they should have graduated already right? wow, how time flies... it's a melancholy thing to think about the future. the past is always bittersweet, the future unsure. I guess the best thing will always be the present, but it lasts for a millisecond and then turns into the past. it's important to cherish every millisecond before you have to look back on it bittersweetly!!! don't forget that! when you get this email, make sure to send another one to your year 13 self :] I guess year 13 will be a lot different from year 12 and year 11, especially with all the guys off to uni. I wonder what decisions you've made about will?? or has he betrayed your trust already? or maybe you're bored already? just as he said yesterday... =/

ANYWAYY i can't stay for long, I'd like to write more but since the retarded thing stuffed up the other part of my email, I can't be bothered regurgitating it so yeah. well, i hope you're happy with 2010, worked hard on calc schol and SATs... :]
SEE YOU IN A YEARS TIME haha

I think I wrote this sometime in november last year? When shuhua had it as her msn pm. I should probably write one again to myself in the future... but I'm so lazy. It's kind of depressing to read this actually haha. It's interesting how things turned out :P If you want to do the same, the url is www.futureme.org

and for anyone who has not yet seen this, DO IT... it'll take up 35 minutes of your life but I think you'll enjoy it :)



I love wongfu productions :)

2 comments:

Billy said...

Pretty nice entry you got there (somehow the music you have on the background really ties in nicely with this entry, it's a nice piece in general tho).

Well arent arent you too cool, writing emails to your future self ahahahaha.

Nevertheless simplicity and living in the moment are some of the things that we need to cherish before we're all too old. (fml im old . . . T.T)

HAD AWESOME FUN TODAY, WE SHOULD DO THIS AGAIN SOMETIME =]

Ruuuuui said...

Holy crap. You do totally look Korean in that one photo. But that would be a real shit super power though =/; making yourself look Korean.