13 November 2010

new pokemon...

so I woke up at 7.30am this morning randomly after sleeping at 12.30am, because my brain is retarded like that and refuses to let me sleep the standard 8 hours. Anyway I was bored so I went on serebii to check out the new black&white pokemon... ... well tbh some of them are pretty original, but let's compare the generations shall we lol?

Let's start with the starters... (HAHA. get it? :D lame)











I didn't include the 2nd evolution because noone cares about them since you're only with them for ~16 levels anyway. Note how first gen starters all look awesome, 2nd ones are passable (I still retain my opinion that chikorita looks retarded, but totodile and cyndaquil are awesome so it makes up for fail grass starter), 3rd ones are good, 4th ... ehhh, not too much of a fan, at least the first stage is cute, and infernape looks pretty cool, but then black and white .... WTF happened there? sigh. For the first time I think I'm going to play with a grass starter. Honestly I actually like it, very elegant, but the other 2 are like.. fail. hahaha complete opposite of 2nd gen :P


Next, some obvious rip offs:
=

They screwed up bidoof so they needed to do it right the 2nd time. I agree, I think the new beaver pokemon is much better looking and actually looks like a pokemon now. Old v New ----> New wins. :)

=
Hahaha they're both random as looking, I dislike both equally. XD

=
that's totally a glameow lol. not sure which one I like better though haha.

= evolution of
They look the same to me. I don't understand why they didn't make it the evolution, they're both water type as well. It's as if that's what they designed it to be and forgot to put it in at the last minute or something :O But personally I prefer luvdisc. The new one is too complicated. Old vs new --> old ftw

=

BEARS TO POLAR BEARSSSS..... This is obviously a rip, even the positions are the same lol. Well I'm not gonna complain about more bear pokemon, but if you compare them, teddiursa + ursaring are obviously better looking. Old vs new ... old wins :)

= evolution of
Tauros evolved and grew an afro over 5 generations. Pretty much. New one was compltely unnecessary imo, tauros doesn't seem to evolve into it either so wtf is the point? Old vs new --> Old wins

=
2 --> 3 heads has been done before, so now they decided to do 1-2-3 :P Haha basically a dragon version of the birds. Don't have a problem with this one since they actually look alright and not retarded :) Old vs new --> different enough for it to be okay. I suppose.

=

Seriously? Old vs new --> Old ftw. And I thought Chansey was already screwed up looking enough as it was...

=
Because one fire monkey just wasn't enough D: I prefer chimchar. the new one looks too much like yunbin. LOL JK :P old vs new --> old :)

=

tadpole --> frog, as if we haven't seen that already D: and to make it worse they made it look retarded as. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH POLITOAD? TT Old vs new --> Old wins

= evolution of
lol jk. These mushrooms are probably genetically engineered or they mutated severely due to trainers invading their forests. Poor mushrooms ):

And lol, look at these:

=


Don't deny it, you thought of it too. (Lillymon, digimon)

=
That's also a digimon btw hahaha

=
It's a flying velociraptor :O

=
I tried to find one with green icing but you get the general idea.

=
Fran from final fantasy. IDENTICAL.

=
See background. It's totally one of the aliens from that new movie SKYLINE (which is apparently surprisingly good; after I watched the trailer I thought it would be crap but the reviews look pretty favourable)

=
Because sometimes just copying the digmon themselves is not enough. (Mimi Tachikawa, digimon)

=
The resemblance is striking... (Red mist, Kick Ass)

=
See Ed. Even the skintone is the same hahaha (Ed, Edd & Eddy)

=
Ryu Hayabusa/Ninja Gaiden. Minus the red mask :P

=
The purple, the mecha-ness... (Neo Genesis Evangelion)

=
random weightlifter. perfect match :)

=
That Hikkikomori girl from Sayonara, Zetsubo Sensei

=
.... ): hungry


AND FINALLY....

=
You know you have a problem when your legendaries start looking like creatures from other series. (blue eyes white dragon, yugioh // metalgreymon, digimon. Actually now that I look at it red eyes black dragon would also suffice.)

6 comments:

Ruuuuui said...

So you choose your starter Pokemon based on how cool it looks at its final evolution?

I enjoyed this blog post, I laughed at the Fran looking Pokemon.

one_entity said...

omg, the cookie thing...!!! ahahahaha
i always thought chikorita was quite cute, actually :3

winnie said...

@rui: of course! what other reasoning would I go by? If I'm going to be looking at something for 50+ hours I might as well like the way it looks.

@kim: ewww =P chikorita is like a shapeless blob with a leaf on its head.

one_entity said...

hmm yeah its face could do with a bit more... defining... hahaha

steph said...

Mmm, Pringles.

Anonymous said...

Lmao. This made my day. Was smiling at the early comparisons, then had me floored when you started doing extreme comparisons. Thanks for that.

Pokemon starters are really a hit and miss. I personally preferred the 1st, 2nd, and 4th gen. I swear, they're trying to make it look complicated and exotic as a way to say it's different but they just look like...nothing. =/