10 October 2010

d22

DAY 22: What makes you different from everyone else

Um. Well. My DNA? Haha idk, I always have these moments where I think I'm just living in my own world and everyone else are just projections. Since I'm the only one I can control, I will never know. Everyone else could be like npcs in a game. That seems quite unlikely though I suppose, I'm not -that- special :P

Having said that, I guess I'm pretty weird in my own right. Actually pretty much everyone is weird in their own way so that doesn't say much. I think we're all weird, in different ways, so it's like a cloud of gnats flying in random directions, but the overall force is 0N because they all cancel each other out, so as a population we are 'normal' even though the individual is abnormal.

Looking at things statistically, I'm han chinese, which means I'm part of the largest ethnic group on earth, which doesn't make me very special at all. I have an IQ of about 137, which puts me at the top 1.5% of the population, which means about 1 in every 96 people, which, considering the sheer population of han chinese is pretty damn common. There are about 150 000 han chinese in Auckland, so that makes me 1 of 150 000/96 = 1 563. I would use the Auckland figures but I have just spent about 20 mins trying to find the population of chinese people in Auckland without avail. Anyway Auckland is like asian central so it shouldn't have too big of an effect of the number. Split that number in half since I'm female and you get 1 in 783. The average height of chinese females is 160cm. I am 170cm. I can't find any numbers for the standard deviation of this data set but I'm going to divide by 10 because I know very few chinese females my height and above, and I think /10 is already being quite generous. So that makes 1 in 78. About 40% of chinese people have myopia of -1.00 to -5.00 between the ages of 6 and 20. I fit in this category. This is probably quite a warped statistic to use but heck all statistics are warped and this is just a very general estimate so that makes me 1 in 0.4*78=31. About 30% of everyone has astigmatism, so that makes me 1 in 0.3*31=9. About 80% of people are right handed, so that makes me 1 in 0.8*9=7. I was born on a Friday and there are 7 days in a week. That makes me 1 in 1. :)

Man you can tell I just got tired of googling at the end there :P

IGNORING all the bad stat combinations, think about it, in the end, I'm probably the only 170cm tall chinese female with an iq of 137 living in NZ with myopia and astigmatism who is right handed and was born on a Friday, and if that fails, I'd BET the other people's names weren't Winnie :P It's very easy to prove that you are unique; we are all so different.

4 comments:

one_entity said...

i cringe at and applaud your terrible maths ><

winnie said...

SHH I DON'T TAKE STATS, I DON'T HAVE TO BE ACCURATE. :)

S said...

That hurt my brain to read ):

Anonymous said...

LOL
TOO PRO G, TOO PRO.
yes youre unique. and even though ppl say winnie is a very common name youre the only winnie i've met so far :)