08 March 2010

pot luck

yup, POT LUCK -- a collection of otherwise random and unrelated things that I feel the need to blog about because I have nothing better to do and am exercising procrastination.

well, yesterday after we finished our dragon boating practice and came ashore, the dio girls were getting ready to go on the water and there were these two hot SHIRTLESS guys just standing there looking hot (as they like to do) amongst a sea of girls. Not that I'm complaining. Later, I found out they were the coaches for the dio teams. WTF! WHY CAN'T WE HAVE COACHES LIKE THAT ): I suppose they may prove as a distraction but it might also be motivation for some? siiigh, dio has finally beaten us at something...

Milo cereal tastes great not only with maple and walnut ice cream but with vanilla as well. I was actually really looking forward to coming home and having some vanilla ice cream with milo flakes but some douchebag finished the tub ): so now I am sad ):

Hmmm, what is happening in my life? Nothing really. It's been pretty stress free lately I reckon. Day after day after day after day~~ cruising along... our time is running out sigh. we're really lucky to be able to live so calmly and peacefully like this though.

today, I found out that the little tabs on top of cans are actually meant to be used to open the can, and then you're meant to twist it around over the hole and put your straw into that hole, to stop it from moving around. I never knew that!! Apparently that's what the tab is actually designed to do... printmaking sure is educational :P speaking of those tabs on the cans, they're apparently also really valuable, because they're made of almost pure tin, whereas the rest of the can is aluminium, which is why often in garbage cans the tabs have been removed because people go around taking them off the cans. If you trade in like 200 of those you can get $100 from the junkyard or something. Every time I throw away a can without taking off the tabs now I feel like I'm throwing way part of that $100...

Rachmaninov's Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini Op. 43 Var. 18 sounds really nice~~ it's so calming and mellow :]

Today, there were only 5 people in my physics class because everyone was on the bio trip. Fortunately this meant that we got to toast marshmallows using a concave mirror and the sun. as Mr Olsson says, If one is ever trapped on a desert island with a packet of marshmallows and a giant mirror, one now knows how to make a delicious meal :D they were really nice. Although, we only had time to do 3 because the stupid sun kept going behind a cloud. we burnt a lot of paper while trying to find the focus point though. pity that toasted paper doesn't really taste that nice.

that's all for now I suppose~ updates from my mundane life haha. maybe more pot luck updates will occur in the future, if you guys like reading about random events in my life...
...
who am I kidding, I'd make entries like this even if you don't like them =P

9 comments:

steph said...

HAHAHA Dio coaches :P Laina needs to join dragonboating ASAP? Hahah.

And WTF I did not know the tabs on the cans were meant to keep the straw in place o.o Actually pretty smart lol.

one_entity said...

ooh interesting can fact =D

lolll we did the marshmallow thing, mr bryden found the focal point and vaporised a piece of paper straight away but we only got three marginally gooey marshmallows =P

btw potluck is WIN.

Captain Barnaby said...

eeeeh! Marshemelloooww!!

I'm stressed!
:O

Luckyy!

Ooh in Philippines they have this dessert called Halo Halo.. basically cornflakes with icecream and red beans inside a coconut. XD
Pretty yum but I don't like the red beans.

x

winnie said...

^?!?!?!!? RED BEAN IS DELICIOUS!! that sounds like the nicest dessert ever omg.

s2 said...

OMG I SO NEED TO JOIN DRAGONBOATINGGGG
but our teachers always get so pissed when we have to go early haha its so funny. its like every other day half our class or most of our class goes for most of the lesson and we're like ...so... hahahaah AND OMGG MARSHMALLOOWWWW.
i really want to sit in on one of ur physics classes. just to see what hes like. hes quite short. hahahaah. damn. =[[ BUT BUT BUT in french we're planning on making crepes. and if im stressed enough at the end of the year im gna see if i can make la buche de noel. that would be fucking win. wow this is long...

s2 said...

oh and p.s.
ew. red bean.
tis gross.
why cant they have something normal and healthy.
like chocolate.

yj said...

whats wrong with red bean...
its just like.. sweet, lol

and nom nom marshmallow :]

Kate said...

Well, that is an interesting fact to learn about cans for today!
Also your layout is epic. It has separate icons for each post. I may have to steal it at some point. *shifty eyes*

Kate said...

fffffffff I just looked up that song and went AAAAGH I KNOW THIS
that keeps happening to me lately. I keep coming across songs I haven't heard in years and then I do and I go WOAAAH. MEMORIES.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IT'S AMAZING
sorry that was my random moment of ~*~unexpected memories~*~ for the day. I honestly wasn't expecting that XD