20 September 2008

kahuwut.

Standing on Old Girls' porch
We thought that it would last forever
And if we had a choice
Yeah, you know we'd all wanna stay here
This was the best month of my life

50 mosquito bites
7 sisters
5 lost socks
1 pair of lost long johns
2 guitars
1 river
2 tramps
1 freezing night in the bush
1 sea kayak
23 girls
8 instructors
28 days

There's my recount of my camp. It was life-changing and unforgettable. I don't think I can recount about it will do it justice, so I won't even try.

I don't think I've cried so much in my life. I don't know what it was, after hugging Mr W and him telling me 'Good luck with your future'... I had this sudden revelation that in my future, for the rest of my life, I would never again see any of these people who had changed it. They'd never see the results of their work and inspiration for me. I just broke down. As I walked back to the house to get my last few belongings I wasn't sure if I was crying or laughing. I was choking, kept getting air stuck in my windpipe. I hugged Gina and left. Because I was crying and I couldn't see straight I went to the right down the driveway and into the car instead of going straight and receiving my steph hug so I'm sorry steph. Seems like I'll never get one. Just bad coincidences. it's not meant to be ): I'll never get a steph hug.

I also forgot to pick up my confiscated goods worth $11 in cash. Thankfully kim got it for me. I'm glad someone remembered me.

I know everyone will forget me. That's ok. I think from now on I'm just going to try my best for myself.

Thank you and goodnight. Maybe I will do a recount later, maybe not. I don't feel like it right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayam - you serial? So THAT'S where you went. Jeez lol Winnae; you pick the worst times to disappear :P

Captain Barnaby said...

Aw! I'm jealous now.

Can I have an HONORARY steph hug stephae?